Mission Home address

My Address:

Elder Carson Justin Burnside
Brazil Sao Paulo Interlagos Mission
Rua Comendador Elias Zarzur, 365
Santo Amaro
04736-000 Sao Paulo - SP
Brazil

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Wow......slow down professor!

Hey Family,

Well the Elder who called me Elder Texas has left, so no more hallway gunfights.  We get to go to the temple every Wednesday while in the CTM, so we went again today, but to a different temple that was just as cool!  It was the Campinas temple, in case you wanted to know.  This week has been Awesome!  That frisbee guy is actually my instructor.  When we were doing practice lessons, I pulled out a Book of Mormon and said "feliz annevarsario!" and gave him the frisbee.  He laughed and said "thank you".  So while at the temple I actually met President Dalton.  He is my mission president.  He is a second generation president.  I also got to meet and hear him speak on Sunday.  He is like 6 foot 7... He is super tall, but after his talk I know he is a great mission president.  This week we are getting 3 new missionaries from our district from Provo.  They will be shell shocked when they find out we don't speak English here.  Sunday was Brazilian Fathers day and I am sending a letter to dad.  Last week we ACTUALLY GOT TO GO OUTSIDE THE MTC!!  Brazil is kinda SCARY...lol!  It was awesome.  The part of the city I am in looks exactly like progresso, man I wish I could send you guys some pictures.  I got a free cookie at Mr. Cheneys for being a new missionary AND I dropped it in the street....it was very unfortunate! (go figure right) Just my luck.  After this email we get to leave the missionary farm, I have been looking forward to it this whole week.  The CTM is great.  Our instructors are great, until they get excited and start talking fast, then it is like "WOW SLOW DOWN PROFESSOR!"  This week has been good.  The CTM will get old, same schedule everyday, same times, same places.  I can't wait to get out of here and be out in the world...lol.  We had 2 brazilian roomates just leave for the field and they were the nicest guys ever.  We got to hear a devotional from President Neilson yesterday and it was amazing!  He talked about how the church was never just a Utah church and our purpose as missionaries.  It was very powerful, I took some notes, so in two years we cal all look at it and see if I have lived up to his expectations.

Love you guys,

Elder Burnside

No comments:

Post a Comment