Mission Home address

My Address:

Elder Carson Justin Burnside
Brazil Sao Paulo Interlagos Mission
Rua Comendador Elias Zarzur, 365
Santo Amaro
04736-000 Sao Paulo - SP
Brazil

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Buses are a DEATH TRAP!

HEY!!! 

SO Handing out Books of Mormons was scary/awesome!! The buses here are a death trap!! They take turns going 40 KPH kilo per hour. And they are super crowded!!! But, we got off the bus and I swear it was like a dream come true!!! We were walking down this road with buildings on either side of us walking into this park in São Paulo and there was a band playing live music ( it sounded like it was from the 80´s)!!! So here is me and my district, first time outside the MTC and we are listening to some 80´s music as we walk toward our destination!!! AWESOME!! 

Handing out the Books was a little scary, but I handed out 3 and Elder Tew gave out 3. And the park we were in had about a 1000 people, all smoking some stuff if you catch my drift.... Then we moved to another part of the city and there was some gathering of indivduals, and what they were chanting was mildly scary!! But, all in all a very fun experience for the first time out!!! 

How do Mckay and Kenna like their teachers? Oh and next week I will send a little letter for Mckay and Mckenna, I got Mckay a For Strength of Youth in Portuguese and I got Mckenna some Young Women emblems in Portuguese that she can use in her scriptures!!! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!! I sent you a letter in the mail so I don´t know how long it takes but there is a letter for you!!!  Yeah the first couple of weeks were hard, it still is very hard, but the language is coming along well. I see some of the other missionaries relaxing a little bit because we can talk and understand fine, but I have never been happy with fine. I´m really hitting the past tenses hard because I have a lot of stories I can tell to investigators and if I can get that down, things will be so much easier!!!! 

The schedule here has been killer, it is the same thing over and over and over and over it really starts to wear on you, but o campo (the field) is close and it makes me excited that in a few weeks i get to go proselitismo every single day!!! The language is super frustrating but, I knew it would be, I´m fighting through and learning. Prayers are much appreciated, and it is not like I can´t understand everyone. When I get into conversations I can hold my own and I can usually understand everything that is said, it just makes me mad that some words I don´t know and I can´t reply to everything like I would like to, but I know the time will come that this language will be easy!!

Ok, grandma bought 12 cookies and you bought milkshakes at Mr. Cheneys for MTC hump day for us! Thank you! LOL I have already gained 10 pounds here!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahaahaha
Well, like I have said in other e-mails, the schedule is very restrictive, I know I have not said much, but seriously I sit in a classroom all day.... So the field will be super nice!!!!

Love you Guys!!! Talk to you next week


Love Elder Burnside 

No comments:

Post a Comment