Mission Home address

My Address:

Elder Carson Justin Burnside
Brazil Sao Paulo Interlagos Mission
Rua Comendador Elias Zarzur, 365
Santo Amaro
04736-000 Sao Paulo - SP
Brazil

Monday, September 14, 2015

The mission is Awesome!

Today I got into the field. I woke up at 4:45 this morning and I am super tired. We had our first interview with President Dalton and it went very well. The mission is awesome, the people here seem wonderful! I would be lying if I said I was not scared a little bit. I feel like a 1st grader talking to a college professor when I am talking with the Brazilians. But despite all of that, I told my mission president that I wanted to learn Portuguese as fast as possible. I asked him to put me with a companion, my trainer, who doesn´t speak English. That was a tough choice and he told me it would be hard,  I would feel alone and secluded, but It would be the right choice. He promised me this decision would help me so much. So my companion is Elder Perriera, and he is a native of Rio De Janero. He Does NOT speak ANY ENGLISH. He is also 26 years old. So this will be very interesting. These next few weeks will be super tough. I think I have learned enough in the CTM to get me by, to show the people my love for them and the gospel, to show my companion my desires to help him and not be a burden, and I hope by this trainer decision and all my work in the CTM Heavenly Father will acknowledge my efforts and help me learn this language even faster than what I could imagine. So now, I say goodbye until Monday (I think ) That will be the next p-day. Keep your prayers with me, hopefully I have some good stories for you guys next week!

Eu Amo VocĂȘs!!!

Love Elder Burnside

No comments:

Post a Comment